We live in different worlds. You and I.
One can’t swap their world with others but they can certainly create a new world for themselves.
There must be something that I miss out on while living in my world.
So one fine evening I decided to visit another world.
But how do I do that?
Should I just take a right turn instead of a left I take everyday?
Is it so easy to reach an alternate world?
Alright. So let me show you the route I take when I am returning home from office. I get out of my office and head straight to the tube station. The tube takes me to the station nearest to my home. I buy some grocery while stepping in the home. This is one world that I live in.
One day I took a turn different and it took me to a different world. After boarding the subway from office, I got down 3 stations before my home station. From there I started walking towards my home by foot.
I came across:
- lot of yellow taxis that blew their horn every time you look at them. Must be some coincidence !
- street food vendors thronged by people eating like a band of pigeons pecking at the central square
- at least 2 soda cans lying outside every trash bin frowning because they could not make it to the trash bin along with other soda cans
- mannequins bored of the apparels they have been wearing
- man holes shining under street lights like coins fallen out of the night’s pocket.
It took me an hour extra that day to reach home but it was worth it.
I will never visit this world again.
My next sojourn shall be to some other world.
A different station to get down at or a different turn to take.
Its me who will create the new world with another random detour !